Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The wait begins

Tonight has been a great night so far in terms as spiritual. We did not want to send our Hannah into surgery without her baby blessing. Ricky, Grandpa Teed, and three of our friends from our ward came and assisted in the blessing. It was beautiful and so full of hope and many great things that the future could hold for Hannah.

She looked so pretty. Grandma Teed brought a dress she made for her second girl but she never had another girl just boys. I am so grateful and honored that she would let us use it. We also did some ad lib family photos in the hospital room. We will post the pictures in a few days. ( I left the cord at home... oops)

Hannah is going in for surgery at 7am. By the time everything gets going and finishes we are looking at a 5-6 hour wait before we will see her again. We were told what to expect during and after the procedure.

This is still surreal to me. This is not like the excited anxious feeling one gets before Christmas as a kid, ones wedding day, before the birth of a child. Instead I am not sure how I feel. A little scared, nervous.... It hasn't quit hit me yet... I am sure it will in the morning.

What we were told to expect: Hannah will be swollen and on many machines for a few days. They will keep her asleep for at least 2 days maybe longer and heavily sedated for at least 4-5 more days so that her body can heal and be well rested. We will just get to sit back and watch. She will not be eating for 4 days and I will not be able to hold her again until she is up on the floor. That could be a week. Keeping our fingers and toes crossed that she will heal fast :)

My other hurdle: Caleb is going back to Muscatine with Grandma and Grandpa Teed for at least a week maybe a little longer so that I can be here with Hannah. How am to go that long without seeing him? What if he thinks I forgot about him? What happens when he gets sad and wants his mom? I know grandma is going to take care of him but this is a long time to be away from my little man and its 6 hours away. I hope we both do okay. I hope he will be having so much fun that he wont miss me. We can only hope :)

Is 10 pm and the wait begins. So what to do while we wait? We hold Hannah as much as possible and give her all the loves we have to offer. We will try to get some sleep but can't promise anything.

We are comforted and full of peace at this time. We know that Hannah is a daughter of God and that He will be with her tomorrow and has been with her this entire time. We know that He loves her and loves us. We know this gospel to be true and no matter what happens we find great comfort in the knowledge that families are forever and all because we have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior... all because Jesus gave his life so we may have eternal life.

With love,
Sam

7 comments:

Ina & co. said...

Thoughts, prayers and love are with you today...

Katie said...

We are thinking of you. Best wishes that everything will work out well. Call me if you need to talk.

A. Pearce said...

We're praying and thinking of you. Love, Amor

Karolyn said...

Thinking of you all day. :)

nathan n rachel said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers!

Ron and Rachelle said...

Also thinking of you.

John, Sal, Maddy, and Stockton said...

We've been praying for sweet Hannah all day. Sending all of you our love.