Friday, September 11, 2009

Hurray!!! Some wonderful news at last!

We just had a sigh of relief. Over the past three days we have been bombarded with overwhelming information about our beautiful daughter Hannah. However, today when we went down to see her the doctor and nurse practitioner came into the room to see how we were doing. They also weren’t sure how much information we knew. We had been waiting on the results from the brain and kidney ultra sounds. Her brain development is normal and her kidneys look good. This brought great comfort to our hearts.

We feel that Hannah is going to have a wonderful life. She will still need to overcome a couple of significant surgeries and deal with a slight visual impairment for now but we feel strongly that she is going to grow into a health, normal, beautiful child and adult.

Thank you for the great news doctors.

11 comments:

Tawnya said...

That is good news! Oh how thankful for good news!

Kimi said...

Wonderful news! We will continue to think and pray for you and your little angel.

jej said...

That is wonderful! We'll continue to keep you all in our prayers! Welcome Hannah! love, the Jolleys

Katie Teed said...

Sounds like overall she is going to be just fine! I'm so glad. What a sweetheart! She is so precious! I love the name Hannah, by the way. Tell Grandma to make you a pie, you deserve it. We love you guys!

Rachel said...

Sam, I've just recently started checking all the blogs again and have just read all of Rickys posts. We are thinking and praying for Hannah and you all. Heavenly father sometimes presents us with challenges early in life but I truly believe he reserves them for the very strongest and most valiant spirits. While these are great challenges I am sure you and ricky will find the great blessings in them too.
When things calm down Karie and I want to make a trip out to visit you 4. You call me if there's anything I can do or anything you need. If you need to vent too. I'm home now so whenever!

Jennifer said...

So happy to hear the good news. We look forward to hearing more good news as baby Hannah continues to progress! We love and are praying for you.

Ron and Rachelle said...

Holy cow, I just got the chance to check out your blog and boy, I did not expect to see what's been going on with the baby! We will definitely keep you all in our prayers and it amazes me how you are holding up. You guys are amazing and I love how optimistic you are! I wish we could be there to help out somehow. I am so glad that you have some good news. We are cheering for little Hannah over here in Atlanta! wahoooo!!!!

Abarca's said...

Keep the good news coming! Your little girl and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Katie said...

That sounds so encouraging. We are hoping the best for you and your family. Thanks for the updates. I hope that you are recovering quickly. Thanks for your positive attitude and faithful posts. Hannah sounds like a beautiful baby.

Mike & Nicole said...

Ricky and Sam-
Hannah is such a beautiful name and is such a cutie! I am glad to hear the wonderful news. Please know that you and your sweet little girl are in our prayers. If you need ANYTHING please don't hesitate to call me. I can watch Caleb too if you need me to. Sam, I have always loved your optomism and the great faith you have. :)

Deanna said...

Yay for good news! We will keep you in our prayers and keep watching for more good news!